Quantcast

Blue tint

Jamie80

Question

1 answer to this question

My 2017 TV (uj6500 series) has also started doing this, last few months.  On mine it's not uniform, the blue is strongest

in the lower left corner.

It's almost always due to the LED backlights starting to burn out and the fix is to replace them.

If the TV is OK otherwise, it could be worthwhile to repair it.  I was quoted $150 US at a small TV repair place to do the job. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Will Chien
      Hi - I have a strange issue where I choose my computer connected via HDMI to my LG C7 TV - the screen has an orange color.
      This has only been happening recently and no other channel is affected. TV/Netflix etc channels all totally fine.
      Any ideas how to fix this?
      Thanks!

• By Wendy Ball
      Hello guys, 
      I have a question. 
      My dad has the same tv as me, the LGUK6400PLF model. 
      Suddenly a few weeks ago the vision of the screen turned e blue and I have been trying to find the problem in the settings, but it must be something else. 
      I can't find or solve the problem. 
      Everything else works, it's only all in blue. 
      Does anyone know if this can be solved or is the tv 'breaking down' 😂. 
      Hope to get some answers. 
      Thanx, 
      Wendy
    • By Rajesh Shetty
      Can you help me in sorting out the issue of red tint in the screen . 
    • By mohanad Ibrahim
      Hello,
      I do have -  lG  43uj630v-ta . however after two years the tv colors is turning to blue and I've tried to change picture mode but it didn't work, any one have an idea ???
    • Weebly - Websites, eCommerce & Marketing in one place.
    • By Puntyboy
      My 18 month old 43UJ635V-ZF has very annoying purple tinting down the right hand side and bottom left hand corner. I'm hearing this is a common problem with Tv's like this and see many Forums on Samsung about it. There was no physical damage done to the TV And it just started happening. 
      Does anyone know why this happening and is there any resolving this?

Amazed by the amount of people having this problem and wondering what the best course of action is? Time to scrap it or try and repair?