Quantcast

Way to turn off the annoying sound the TV plays when it’s turned on or off?

bos2prov

Question

One of the annoying aspects of my experience with my model #55UQ7570PUJ LG TV is the short semi-musical sound clip that the TV plays when it’s turned on and off. My golden retriever is often napping and he doesn’t appreciate hearing it. I poked around in the menus and didn’t see a way to turn it off. Any ideas?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By John Klingel
      I have read a few comments here about sound bars, but did not see much that is fairly new. We just bought an LG 75qned85t TV and would like to add an external sound bar. The reviews we have read so far are pretty discouraging until you get up over $500 or so. Are there any less expensive ones that will improve the sound significantly? It is a bit disappointing to spend this much on a TV and have sub-par sound. TIA. john 
    • By JohnoFon
      I'm hard of hearing, and even with hearing aids I have to turn the volume so high that it deafens everyone else.
      It would make my life easier if I could listen on headphones while everyone else listens to the speaker.
    • By yippie_kiyay
      My new LG TV (65UM6900PUA) running WebOS 04.71.25 works great with HomeKit, with the exception that it is not reachable while it is turned off. If I try to turn it on in the home app, it says "No Response."  I have changed the 'Turn on via Wi-Fi' setting to on, and it will turn on from the 'LG TV Plus' app, but not from the iOS home app. Is there a specific setting or something I need to change?
    • By Cihanimus
      I used to have a JBL soundbar, connected via ARC. Now I switched to Denon soundbar again with ARC connection. But my tv doesn't turn off now, although all other functions are working fine on the remote. Any idea?
    • By Mohammad1403
      Hello there,
      Is it possible to turn off search on the home screen, or filter results to show only apps? Ideally, I'd like to limit content to be appropriate for kids.