Quantcast

LG TV on-screen keyboard writing random letters or characters ..

joe zx

Question

I have LG oled 55b8pla, it is connected to the net, it has the latest update installed, when I start the web browser application and in the on-screen keyboard I start typing for example the URL of the web page, so instead of the number 1 it displays a number 2, instead of the number 2 a completely different character, etc. etc. etc.

I turned the TV on/off, turned the app on/off, unregistered the remote and registered it again. No effect so far.

Any advice, thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By netsplit
      Youtube only lets you type numbers, and not letters. Amazon doesn't let you type anything unless you use the really really really slow onscreen keyboard. It's ruining the tv experience. Can't search for topics or shows without the slow drugery of the slow remote and onscreen keyboard.

Is something ms configured or is WebOs really this awful?
    • By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By Ian_AW
      G'day,
      Many apps will bring up an alphabetised layout of keys rather than the more conventional QWERTY keyboard.
      Is there a way of overriding this so that a conventional QWERTY layout can be used?
      Thanks.
    • By News Reporter
      Did you know that February 17 is Random Acts of Kindness Day? It reminds us how we can all do our part to make a better world with small acts of goodwill. Here are some suggestions to spread goodness to your family, your community and to the earth.
      Being Kind to Your Family.
      Send a Loving Message. Let your family know that they are loved by writing a thank-you note or a heartfelt letter. To show your appreciation, volunteer to do the chores – better yet, put on your chef’s hat to cook up a sumptuous family meal.
      Spend Time Together. To make cherished memories that you’ll remember forever, plan a fun party or a barbeque cookout in the backyard. Throughout these countless precious moments, technology can add a bit of extra good and convenience to ensure that nothing gets in the way of family time – as spotlighted in LG’s
      link hidden, please login to view in Australia, which inspires families to rediscover the good in their everyday. Being Kind to Your Neighbors.
      Help Out with Errands. If you can, check in with elderly neighbors living in the neighborhood to see if they need their groceries or prescriptions picked up. Or consider organizing playdates and carpools to lend a helping hand to busy parents you know.
      Share Homemade Food. If you’re a budding cook, why not put your talents to use by sharing tasty homemade foods with a neighbor in need? Sign up with a non-profit called “” and cook up some savory kindness while tackling food insecurity.
      Being Kind to the Earth.
      Practice the Three ‘R’s. By performing kind acts for the earth, you are also extending your kindness to countless lives that call this planet a home. Practicing the three Rs – reusing, reducing, recycling – is the first step in making a small but significant effort to conserve Mother Earth.
      Support Conscious Providers. If possible, support providers that use recycled production and packaging like LG, which is committed to the 2030 Carbon Neutral initiative. You could also take part in a to responsibly dispose of used electronics.
      # # #

• By Stable_Boy
      I'm running 03.21.05 on a Nano95 8K, at the moment my numerous attempts pair my tiny Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad & Media Keys (Play, Pause, Stop, FastForward, Rewind, Previous Track and Next Track) Fail because it seems to proceed, detect and start pairing but at the time of entering the Random Code to verify and pair fails. As if it were a bug or incompatibility issues, after spending hours finally an article on the interwebs that it does not support.