Quantcast

Where are the good apps? HBO GO, Etc?

Developing apps takes time, money, staff and inter-business cooperation.

LG may not have the staff, be it in numbers or technical expertise, to create all the apps that people want.  There may not be cooperation from content providers which holds up development, refusing to open up APIs or there may be licensing limitations.  Many content providers are still wedded to producing said content with Adobe Flash which LG does not support and has no intention of supporting as it is a dying medium and Adobe constantly alters the playing field.

It does seem that some people do not do their due diligence before purchasing a product to actually see if it fulfils their requirement, but instead complain after the fact.  HBOGO is available for some Samsung devices, so kudos to them.   However I will admit that it is strange that HBOGO is not available on webOS as on LG's previous SmartTV system NetCast it was.

There is a link on the forum for proposing & showing your support for apps directly to LG, plus emailing service providers to let them know that you want an app is always a way to go as well. 

It's just sad when I have a 5 year old Saumsung TV with tons and tons of apps and then I come to a brand new 2017 LG, the apps are crap.  When your at Costco you can't get online and browse the apps to download.  Good thing Costco has a good return policy.  This one will be going back to LG.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...