Quantcast

Input Select jumps to Live-TV without using remote

MAUICUDA

Question

Hardware: LG OLED55B7P, and Spectrum Cable box. When  I use the Spectrum remote to select "GUIDE"; so I can details about program before selecting to RECORD - whenever I push the Spectrum remote button that says "Guide", the TV at the same time changes my normal input from HDMI to "Live TV".

This is a new problem; am not sure when it started. Will I have to do the LG download again?

3 answers to this question

THE SPECTRUM REMOTE AND ITS BOX ARE PROPERLY GOING TO THE "GUIDE" FUNCTION WHEN I PRESS "GUIDE" ON THE REMOTE. THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I PUSH THE "GUIDE" BUTTON, IT ALSO CAUSES THE LG  OLED TV TO CHANGE INPUT FROM HDMI TO DIRECT TV (ANTENNA TV). I DO NOT HAVE ANTENNA; AM ONLY USING CABLE BOX TO PROVIDE SIGNAL TO TV. DO NOT SEE HOW ANY CABLE BOX SETTING CAN CAUSE THE TV TO CHANGE INPUT, UNLESS TV IS MALFUNCTIONING, OR REMOTE CONTROL IS PUTTING OUT TWO CONTROLS AT THE SAME TIME; IE: TURN ON "GUIDE" FUNCTION, AND AND CHANGE INPUT TO ANTENNA, EVEN WITHOUT SELECTING INPUT FUNCTION WITH THE LG REMOTE FIRST.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Gets
      I have a TV SM8200PLA, which magic mote should I buy?
    • By Chris Schults
      On my magic remote the red button is for ziggo interactive tv. Ziggo is a dutch provider and used by nearly half internet users in the netherlands.
      But LG has programmed that button for Ziggo and we are living in a part where we have no Ziggo but another provider. Like more users here. 
      LG (benelux) says it is not possible to change it. So all LG tellys sold in netherlands have Ziggo under the red button.
      But I think in Belgium (also LG benelux) they must have another choice because there is NO Ziggo provider in Belgium. 
      I searched for a hack about it, but did not find something.

Greetings
      Chris
    • By JaGatorEd
      I purchased MR23GN and while most of the functions seem to work ok, the message of "Remote not supported by this TV" keeps popping up.
    • By JayDee
      I have spent countless hours trying to figure out which remote is compatible with my 27 inch LG television. I can find the TV on LG's website (after intensively searching each time), but when I search the Magic Remotes for compatibility, I've had no luck in anything matching the two.
      TV model is 27LQ625S-PU, purchased from Best Buy in America. I'm running 7.3.1-38 for webOS TV version. Trying to purchase one elsewhere online also seems to not have anything resembling my TV make/model.
      I don't know what else to do in order to find a remote that works, and I don't want to spend the money trying ten remotes until finding one that does. Am I missing something through the site where I should be searching? Do all remotes work based on webOS version? I'd really love to upgrade this mostly useless remote. I don't use it much right now because I don't like typing through the on-screen keyboard and the remote that came with the TV isn't as easy to use as a universal (I think some of the buttons are in oddly located places). I tend to use external smart devices because the (dumb) remote/webOS don't seem to pair together very well.
      I appreciate any help you guys are able to offer, and apologize if this seems like a foolish question. 
    • By SHUZ
      I have several LG Webos TVs.  One started doing this a long while back.  Just this week another started doing the same. They have streaming devices on hdmi ports.  To change channels and general navigation i could always use the up down left right buttons.  But now I get the he hdmi port with the multi audio icon below.  Something has to have been toggled to make this happen.  Factory reset doesn’t fix it.  How do I access my streaming device from my lg remote again?

• Similar Tagged Content