Quantcast

Spotify - Turn off display option

Sourav Pathak

Question

I often feel the need to turn off my TV's screen after I select a playlist and start playing. Can we have this option in the Spotify app. We do have this option in the inbuilt music player where we can turn off the display while the music plays in the background and we can turn the display back on by pressing volume up button on the remote. Felt that this option could be added to Spotify app as well.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

On 4/30/2020 at 5:10 PM, Pablo J. Lozal said:

Hi! Did you finally found a way to solve this? I can't find the option. If I play the music on my phone and stream to the tv using bluetooth instead of spotify directly on the tv I can turn off the screen. With spotify directly I can't do that.

That would be great...

Press the Magic remote’s Mic button and say “Turn off the Screen”. It turns off the screen.

For Spotify music. I found a tool that is designed to help Spotify users to use Spotify music easier. This tool is

link hidden, please login to view
 , which can easily get music from Spotify and convert them as local files. Then you can save the music to your computer for using on any devices.

Maybe you can try to download Spotify songs to your computer with the help of

link hidden, please login to view
. Then you can move Spotify music files to your USB flash, and start to play them on your LG Smart TV through USB Media Player or Media Player. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By yippie_kiyay
      My new LG TV (65UM6900PUA) running WebOS 04.71.25 works great with HomeKit, with the exception that it is not reachable while it is turned off. If I try to turn it on in the home app, it says "No Response."  I have changed the 'Turn on via Wi-Fi' setting to on, and it will turn on from the 'LG TV Plus' app, but not from the iOS home app. Is there a specific setting or something I need to change?
    • By News Reporter
      Kinetic LED signage has transformed how viewers interact with content, emerging as a new method of visual storytelling. Recent technological advancements have forged the way for the brilliance of traditional LEDs to come together with kinetic art technology, creating three-dimensional (3D) displays that exude vibrant colors and dynamic sounds for an enhanced visual experience.

Kinetic LED signage has become a standout choice for artistic exhibits in public spaces, adding dynamic movement to museums, hotel lobbies and galleries. By displaying animated patterns that seem to emerge from the screen, this innovative signage solution adds a sense of realism to the space that conventional displays cannot replicate. When combined with vivid colors and sound effects, it seamlessly integrates into a wide array of spaces, effectively showcasing diverse content from compelling advertisements to stunning works of art.

The Sangsang Platform, a cultural complex in South Korea remodeled from an old granary to host various cultural activities, features the gigantic LG Kinetic LED façade as a breathtaking centerpiece. In addition to mesmerizing visitors, the signage solution heightens the ambiance and effectively modernizes the space with dazzling media art displays. Renowned for its size and cutting-edge technology, the LG Kinetic LED signage immerses audiences with its dynamic presence.

Measuring a massive 3 meters wide by 5 meters long and powered by 240 engine motors, images in the LG Kinetic LED signage come alive in vivid detail with the support of High Dynamic Range (HDR). By synchronizing with 240 LED modules that move delicately back and forth up to 300mm, HDR defies the challenges of traditional flat signage to create 3D content, enhancing the sense of immersion and transforming kinetic motion into a work of art. In addition, with customized digital media and sound, the signage delivers realistic audio and motion for an unforgettable sensory experience.

From lobbies to shopping malls to public squares, the LG kinetic LED signage creates an impactful visual effect in indoor spaces. This Kinetic LED as a media platform can maximize the impact of advertising by effectively capturing people’s attention. What’s more, LG Kinetic LED signage offers a bundled software package for buyers, enabling easy application of kinetic motion utilities and eliminating concerns about implementing additional art technology services.

The dynamic media façade of the LG Kinetic LED signage is set to mesmerize viewers and satisfy stakeholders alike, demonstrating LG’s commitment to delivering total service that includes space design, installation and post-management of the LED signage, all of which elevate the customer experience and optimize operational efficiency.
      To learn more about LG’s Kinetic LED signage, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #

• By Cihanimus
      I used to have a JBL soundbar, connected via ARC. Now I switched to Denon soundbar again with ARC connection. But my tv doesn't turn off now, although all other functions are working fine on the remote. Any idea?
    • By bos2prov
      One of the annoying aspects of my experience with my model #55UQ7570PUJ LG TV is the short semi-musical sound clip that the TV plays when it’s turned on and off. My golden retriever is often napping and he doesn’t appreciate hearing it. I poked around in the menus and didn’t see a way to turn it off. Any ideas?
    • By Mohammad1403
      Hello there,
      Is it possible to turn off search on the home screen, or filter results to show only apps? Ideally, I'd like to limit content to be appropriate for kids.

• Similar Tagged Content