Quantcast

CBS All Access Expands to LG Smart TVs

CBS All AccessCBS All Access Delivers Full Seasons of Current Primetime, Daytime and Late Night CBS Shows, Thousands of Episodes from CBS’ Library of Classics, Live-Streaming of Local CBS Stations, Plus Access to Original Series like “Star Trek: Discovery”, “Tell Me a Story,” The Good Fight” and More

Dec. 17, 2019 – 

link hidden, please login to view
, CBS’ digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, today announced the service is now available on Smart TVs from LG Electronics featuring the award-winning webOS smart platform.*

Smart TVs and connected devices continue to be a significant driver of CBS All Access viewership,” said Rob Gelick, Executive Vice President and General Manager, CBS Entertainment Digital. “Bringing CBS All Access to the popular LG webOS Smart TVs introduces more consumers to the fantastic offering of live programming, original series, CBS hits, classic series and so much more that the service provides.”

CBS All Access, available for $5.99/month with limited commercials and $9.99/month for commercial free, offers subscribers:

• More than 12,000 episodes on demand, including all current primetime, late night and daytime CBS shows in addition to classics like “Star Trek,” “Cheers,” “Medium” and more.
  • Full building seasons of all current CBS primetime series such as EVIL, SEAL TEAM, NCIS and YOUNG SHELDON.
  • All past seasons of 14 hit CBS series including BIG BROTHER, NCIS and HAWAII FIVE-0.
  • A live stream of subscribers’ local CBS stations, including NFL ON CBS programming and specials like THE GRAMMY® AWARDS and THE ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS. As well as the ability to livestream CBS’ other digital channels, CBSN, CBS Sports HQ and ET Live.
  • Access to the service’s original series including STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, THE GOOD FIGHT, NO ACTIVITY, TELL ME A STORY, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, WHY WOMEN KILL as well as upcoming originals STAR TREK: PICARD, INTERROGATION, THE STAND and others.
  • A library of children’s programming including new seasons of CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS and the new DANGER MOUSE, as well as library programming including hits like BOB THE BUILDER, INSPECTOR GADGET, MADELINE, HEATHCLIFF, and THE ADVENTURES OF PADDINGTON BEAR.

To sign up for CBS All Access on LG Smart TVs, visit the  and follow the onscreen prompts.

* LG Smart TVs running webOS 4.0 and higher: 2018, 2019 and 2020 LG Smart TVs.

About CBS All Access:

CBS All Access is CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service. CBS All Access gives subscribers the ability to watch more than 12,000 episodes on demand – spanning exclusive original series, CBS Television Network’s primetime, daytime and late night shows, plus classic TV hits – as well as the ability to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. CBS All Access’ original series include THE GOOD FIGHT, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, TELL ME A STORY, NO ACTIVITY, and WHY WOMEN KILL, as well as the upcoming INTERROGATION, THE STAND, and THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH. CBS All Access is also the exclusive domestic home to STAR TREK: DISCOVERY and the upcoming STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS and STAR TREK: PICARD featuring Sir Patrick Stewart. CBS All Access also includes the ability to stream CBS Interactive’s other live channels, CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.

The service is currently available online at CBS.com, on mobile devices via the CBS app for iOS and Android, and on Roku Players, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Fire TV, Samsung Smart TVs, Vizio Smartcast TVs, Amazon Prime Video Channels and Apple TV channels. Versions of CBS All Access have now launched internationally in Canada and Australia (10 All Access), with unique but similar content and pricing plans. For more details on CBS All Access, please visit .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the C8 OLED 4K HDR AI Smart TV - 65" and cannot find CBS All Access in the LG Content Store.  I also can't find which version of WEB OS I have.  I have my TV set to automatic updates, it is connected via ethernet and believe everything is up to date.  Is this not available to the US Market?  Also, I have registered my model TV: OLED 65C6PU at the LG main site, but I can't check if my TV is compatible with the WEB OS version for CBS ALL ACCESS.   I purchased this late 2017, so I think my TV can run it- I use all the other streaming services through the Web OS- Vudu, Hulu, Prime, Netflix 4k, etc.   Any suggestions?  This site- lgwebos.com should be able to recognize my User ID info with the main site.  I have the same username, etc. but it doesn't seem to pull my TV up.

If anyone can help me figure this out, I'd really appreciate it.  I'm fairly up on the latest technology, but this dual sites that don't recognize each other (or my registered equipment) is really frustrating!  Thanks in advance- Anyone!

39 minutes ago, Bob Gearing said:

This site- lgwebos.com should be able to recognize my User ID info with the main site.  I have the same username, etc. but it doe

There’s no way that can happen as we are not owned or operated by LG. We are a user to user support forum for LG webOS and other webOS devices. If you are looking for official LG support, please contact them directly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

There’s no way that can happen as we are not owned or operated by LG. We are a user to user support forum for LG webOS and other webOS devices. If you are looking for official LG support, please contact them directly.

Thanks for your quick reply Alex.  Well, that makes a whole lot of sense.  Apologies- your site looked like LG's "official" site, so my bad.   This is my first LG TV, and until recently, I expected that the WebOS would be updated at the same rate as the other TV software, and haven't had any issues running a wide range of streaming apps, including Vudu 4k and Netflix 4k and several others.  This CBS All Access seems to be an outlier in terms of technical requirements.

After doing a bit more research, it appears that I'm outta luck with regards to upgrading to WebOS 4.0 or higher.  My model, OLED 65C6P-U is a 2017 set that's running version is: 3.3.4-3714 (dreadlocks-dharug).  I was hoping there was some kind of work around in the community here to update it, even if it's not the "officially" approved method.  I figured that its Linux-based and some folks out here may have figured out a way to upgrade the OS, especially if its a smaller, incremental update (like 3.34 to 4.0).  It just makes me wonder if LG arbitrarily chose 2018 as a cut off for upgrading the WebOS.  It's really frustrating, as unlike a phone you replace every 2 years or so, with a TV you tend to hold onto 5-10 years.

Would you know if there's a work-around out there, maybe something I could dload to a USB stick and update that way? 

If, as I fear, there is no way to update the WebOS, would you know if there is a work-around where I could cast CBS All Access through my Ipad Pro or iPhone 7plus.  I also have a MacBook Pro, but its a late 2013 model.  There appears to be several 3rd party apps in the LG Content Store that offer a variety of device/display sharing, but I'm not sure which app would allow me to cast the CBS App.

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   Aside from this WebOS limitation on updating, I've loved the picture quality and have been satisfied with the Smart TV features LG has- although you'd probably agree that at this point there really should be much more standardization between mfr's on the software, CODECs, especially regarding HDR, Dolby, and other 4K features.

Thanks in advance for your feedback- I appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Bob Gearing

• 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing some video stuttering with the CBS All Access app on my LG 55UK6090PUA. It appears to drop whole frames. It doesn't happen frequently but enough to be annoying. Who do I contact about this problem?

In contrast, when played through my Roku 2 hooked up to the same TV on HDMI I have never experienced this problem.

Note: This also occurs on the WebOS Hulu app. I've never experienced the problem using the WebOS Netflix or Prime Video apps.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      LG 1 Extends its Reach to Wider Audience With
      Premium Free Content and Launch of Rerun Channel in Europe

SEOUL, Aug. 14, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to expand availability of LG 1, the company’s free ad-supported owned and operated channel, to reach a broader audience across Europe. Following a successful launch in the UK and Germany in May, LG 1 will be available later this year in France, Spain and Italy via LG Channels, the company’s exclusive free streaming service. Thanks to notable content partnerships including Lionsgate, Filmrise, NBCUniversal and Fremantle, LG has curated owned-and-operated channels to deliver a wide range of popular and premium content, demonstrating the company’s commitment to elevating the viewing experience for users in European markets.
      Since its launch in the UK and Germany, LG 1 has rapidly climbed the LG Channels rankings to claim one of the top spots in viewing hours. The channel leads the way with titles such as the exclusive first-window premieres of Paul T. Goldman and Wong & Winchester as well as hit shows Nashville, Boss, Graves, The Royals, Houdini, The Girlfriend Experience, Sliders, Quantum Leap, Twelve Monkeys, New York Undercover, Mutant X, Relic Hunter, Andromeda and Anna Pihl.*
      Following the success of the recent launch, LG is ensuring that LG viewers don’t miss a thing with the launch of the LG 1 time shifted channel, now live in the UK and Germany, enabling viewers to watch the channel one hour after the original broadcast.
      LG is also building on the momentum of LG 1 in the UK and Germany by extending the flagship owned-and-operated channel to other regions in Europe, including France, Spain and Italy. The channel will greatly enhance the quality of viewing in these regions with a broader selection of premium content.
      What’s more, LG Channels has introduced a dedicated Kids & Family tab in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain, allowing families to easily explore channels specifically tailored to children, including Beano TV, Narrative and Wildbrain.*
      In addition to expanded content in Europe, LG recently launched a curated premium owned-and-operated channel in the US called LG Channels Showcase, which is powered by partnerships with a wide range of film studios such as Amazon MGM Studios, Lionsgate and Sony Pictures Entertainment.
      LG Channels Showcase also boasts original content such as award-winning series LG Presents: The Rivalries, The Taste of Tennessee and the recently announced Estate of Survival, the company’s first reality competition series, which will be available on LG Channels in more than nine countries, including the U.S., Canada, Australia, Korea and markets in Latin America.
      The series now also streams on LG Channels Showcase, with two episodes to be released back-to-back weekly.
      LG is dedicated to elevating the viewing experience for users around the world, expanding investment in partnerships and UI enhancements to deliver a more intuitive and personalized experience that aligns with viewers’ interests.
      # # #
      * Titles vary by market. 

• By News Reporter
      Company Joins SBVA’s AI Fund and Continues Efforts to
      Nurture Future Businesses Through Open Innovation Activities

SEOUL, Aug. 19, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is making significant investments in startups specializing in artificial intelligence (AI) and deep tech. LG has committed USD 10 million as a key limited partner in the newly established USD 130 million “Alpha Intelligence Fund (AIF)” by
      link hidden, please login to view. SBVA will curate a portfolio for AIF by selecting startups with high growth potential in AI, deep tech and robotics. The firm aims to leverage its global networks and resources to support the growth and meaningful achievements of these startups.
      For over 20 years, SBVA has been investing in global startups, enhancing its expertise in ICT technology and strengthening its international network. By participating in the SBVA fund, LG plans to engage in the sharing of information on rapidly changing innovative technology trends and reflect these global market changes in its management strategies.
      Through this investment, LG aims to expand cooperation with innovative startups and continue efforts to secure future technologies, ultimately seeking qualitative growth. The company plans to strengthen its networking with leading global companies and startups, discover additional opportunities for strategic investments and secure technological capabilities for future businesses.
      LG intends to accelerate its transformation into a “Smart Life Solutions” company by securing innovative technologies for its key growth engines, including platform-based service businesses, B2B businesses and other new ventures. The company plans to continue efforts to secure future core technologies and expand its business areas beyond the home to business spaces, mobility and more.
      Previously, in July, LG acquired an 80 percent stake in Athom, a smart home platform company headquartered in Enschede, Netherlands, and signed a contract to acquire the remaining 20 percent within the next three years. In March, LG invested USD 60 million in Bear Robotics – an AI-based autonomous service robot startup headquartered in Redwood City, Silicon Valley, USA – through a new stock acquisition agreement to acquire a stake in Bear Robotics.
      In addition, through LG NOVA – the company’s Silicon Valley-based innovation center – LG has been conducting annual contests since 2021 to discover and nurture startups with innovative ideas and support their commercialization, thereby seeking new business opportunities. LG NOVA is particularly focused on building sustainable growth and nurturing systems for future innovative industries such as digital healthcare, clean tech and AI.
      “By participating in the AIF, we aim to secure AI capabilities through active open innovation activities and strengthen our position within the AI value chain,” said Eugene Yoo, vice president and leader of the Open Innovation Task at LG. “We plan to discover and collaborate with capable startups to explore future business opportunities.”
      “We will continue to make investments that accelerate technological innovation, leveraging our differentiated technical expertise, global network and investment experience. We plan to maximize the growth potential of these companies by supporting the establishment of joint ventures with startups and major investors, and by promoting collaborative business projects,” said SBVA CEO JP Lee.
      Meanwhile, SBVA, established as SoftBank Ventures Asia under the SoftBank Group, was acquired last year by The Edgeof, an investment company led by Taizo Son, chairman of the global investment firm Mistletoe, and became independent. SBVA manages assets totaling approximately USD 2 billion AUM and has offices in San Francisco, Israel, Singapore and Seoul. It is investing in over 100 companies. SBVA plans to conduct a second closing within the year to increase the size of the AIF.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Since CEO William Cho
      link hidden, please login to view of becoming a ‘Smart Life Solutions’ company, LG has made significant changes to various parts of its business and expanded new areas. To celebrate one year since this bold move, the company has launched an advertising campaign showcasing the remarkable progress it has made so far.
      Titled ‘Connecting Spaces and Future,’ the campaign highlights this vision and demonstrates a strong dedication to innovation, aiming to strengthen its reputation as a leading innovator across various sectors. The campaign features videos showcasing LG’s ongoing transformation into a ‘Smart Life Solutions’ company through an ever-evolving product portfolio. Starting July 27, three videos will be released focusing on its mobility solutions, air solutions and more.
      This marks the first LG video campaign to focus on the company as a whole since ‘Digitally Yours’ in 2000. The new video content seeks to underscore LG’s mobility solutions and the unique experiences they offer, as well as AI smart home solutions that provide personalized environments, webOS solutions that connect various devices on a single platform, and the core technologies including HVAC solutions that will drive future industries.

The mobility solutions video illustrates LG’s efforts to expand home experiences onto the road and deliver unique customer experiences based on three main themes: Transformable, Explorable and Relaxable. It also features the company’s emerging electric vehicle (EV) charging business. The video on its air solutions highlights excellent HVAC technology, including chillers and heat pumps, and a commitment to innovating global solutions that enhance customers’ lives in every space, from residential to commercial.
      This event is in line with LG’s desire to showcase its innovative efforts beyond the home appliance space. By highlighting other categories and sectors it pioneers, LG aims to resonate with younger audiences and establish a youthful, dynamic brand image.

On the first anniversary of the announcement of its ‘Smart Life Solutions’ transformation, LG is expanding its achievements across three new pillars of growth: accelerating B2B (including vehicle components and HVAC), pursuing platform-based services (subscriptions, webOS-based advertising and content, etc.) and exploring new business areas such as EV charging.

Notably, after surpassing KRW 10 trillion in sales last year, LG’s vehicle components business carried on in the same form this year by achieving a record-high performance in the second quarter. The company’s commercial HVAC business, which is also growing rapidly, is further diversifying its business portfolio. LG is continuously leveraging its globally competitive HVAC solutions across the entire value chain, from products, technology, production and services, while actively targeting backend industries supporting AI infrastructure, such as data centers.

Starting this year, LG launched its , integrating AI and digital transformation with the company’s manufacturing and production data. This business undertakes production consulting, develops production methods, equipment and operation systems, and trains production technology personnel. Furthermore, the company expects to secure orders worth approximately KRW 300 billion in supplying smart factory solutions to business clients. Meanwhile, the company is actively expanding its webOS-based advertising and content business from TVs to automotive infotainment, with sales set to exceed KRW 1 trillion this year.

LG is accelerating its shift from a traditional product-centric business model to a recurring model that continuously generates revenue through intangible, non-hardware businesses such as subscriptions, content and services.
      Stay tuned to to discover LG’s vision in greater detail and get the latest updates on the company’s ongoing transformation into a Smart Life Solutions company.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Featuring a 21:9 Aspect Ratio Screen, LG’s Latest Smart Monitor Is Perfect
      for Productivity and Entertainment

SEOUL, July 24, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is launching its latest LG MyView Smart Monitor (model 34SR65QC),1 a 34-inch display with a unique form factor and a range of features for better productivity and entertainment experiences. This marks the company’s first smart monitor featuring a curved, 21:9 aspect ratio UltraWide screen, offering an expansive desktop display solution for customers seeking improved workflow, enhanced viewing immersion or both.
      The newly-released LG MyView Smart Monitor boasts a 34-inch WQHD (3,440 x 1,440) resolution2 VA panel, delivering 300 nits of brightness, a wide viewing angle and 99 percent coverage of the sRGB color gamut. These specifications, combined with the screen’s 21:9 format, make the LG MyView an excellent ‘side-by-side’ desktop companion for office workers, developers and other digital professionals.
      The 34SR65QC facilitates greater work efficiency courtesy of its elongated, high-resolution display, useful screen-organization features and support for various home-office apps. The 21:9 UltraWide display provides additional screen-space, allowing users to keep multiple tabs and windows open at the same time and arrange them optimally using the built-in Screen Split function. What’s more, users can take advantage of apps such as mail, online document editors and cloud storage directly on the monitor without having to connect to a PC or laptop. The extra width of the 34SR65QC enables users to operate productivity apps in full screen (16:9) mode and still have enough room for helpful generative AI tools, which can be conveniently pinned to the right-hand part of the display in a smaller-sized (5:9) window.
      The 34SR65QC is also ideal for those seeking a movie theater-like experience at home. Its UltraWide display allows users to enjoy 21:9 content as it was meant to be seen, eliminating the letter-boxing needed to preserve the aspect ratio on conventional 16:9 monitors. This new model is the first in the LG MyView lineup to allow the streaming of video captured in the 21:9 format, bringing a cinematic feel to broadcast content and giving users a real sense of being part of the action.
      Like all LG MyView Smart Monitors, the 34SR65QC comes equipped with the LG webOS platform, which provides access to a wide range of content services including Netflix, YouTube and Prime Video, along with personalized viewing recommendations and intuitive navigation. For even more superb content options, users can head to LG Channels – LG’s free, premium content service – and browse more than 300 channels3 spanning categories such as movies, news, sports, drama and children’s programming. Additionally, with AirPlay 24 and ScreenShare5 support, users can stream or mirror content from their smartphones, enjoying all their go-to mobile apps and games on the monitor’s large, curved screen.
      The 34SR65QC comes with a handy remote that provides basic functions such as power and volume control. It is also compatible with the LG Magic Remote,6 which delivers user-friendly features such as AI Concierge and one-touch access to popular streaming services including Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+. The AI Concierge, activated by pressing the Magic Remote’s microphone button, recognizes different voices and recommends content based on each user’s viewing history.
      Furthermore, once LG MyView Smart Monitor has been connected to the LG ThinQ smart home platform, the ThinQ app can transform the user’s smartphone into a remote offering both touch- and voice-control capabilities. For additional convenience, users can manage monitor settings and navigate and search webOS using a keyboard and mouse.
      “By expanding the LG MyView Smart Monitor lineup with our new 34-inch curved UltraWide model, we are providing consumers with a comprehensive productivity and entertainment solution,” said YS Lee, vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Business Solutions Company. “We will continue to introduce versatile smart monitors that combine innovative designs with premium performance and practical features.”
      LG MyView Smart Monitor is launching globally starting in the U.S and Korea in August, with availability in other markets to follow soon after.
      # # #
      1 LG MyView Smart Monitor is available in two versions: one offering tilt- and height-adjustability (model 34SR65QC) and one providing tilt-adjustability (model 34SR60QC). All other technical specifications, features and capabilities are common to both versions.
      2 Wide Quad High Definition resolution.
      3 Channel and program availability on LG Channels may differ by region.
      4 To use AirPlay and HomeKit with this monitor, the latest version of iOS, iPadOS or macOS is recommended.
      5 Supported on Android or Windows 8.1 and above.
      6 LG Magic Remote is sold separately.

• By News Reporter
      Company to Leverage Lighthouse Factory Expertise
      to Develop Future-Oriented Business Models

SEOUL, July 18, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is advancing its smart factory solutions business by integrating artificial intelligence (AI) and digital transformation (DX) with its extensive 66-year history of manufacturing and production expertise.
      The Ultimate Fusion of AI and Manufacturing Capabilities
      Earlier this year, LG officially entered the smart factory solutions market. The Production engineering Research Institute (PRI), which has been enhancing production and manufacturing competitiveness for LG Group affiliates, is now extending its expertise to external clients. Services offered include production consulting, development of equipment and operation systems and training for technology personnel.
      Despite being in its inaugural year, the business has already achieved significant milestones. PRI anticipates securing orders worth approximately KRW 200 billion from external clients for its smart factory solutions.
      Major clients include secondary battery manufacturers, automotive parts manufacturers and logistics companies. LG plans to aggressively expand into industries with rapidly growing factory demand, such as semiconductors, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and food and beverage. The goal is to develop the smart factory solutions business into a multi-trillion KRW enterprise by 2030, excluding revenue generated within the LG Group.
      According to market research firm
      link hidden, please login to view, the global smart factory market is projected to grow from USD 155.61 billion this year to USD 268.46 billion by 2030. 770TB of Manufacturing Data and Over 1,000 Patents
      LG has accumulated vast amounts of manufacturing data and know-how through 66 years of factory design, construction and operation. In the past decade alone, the company has amassed 770 terabytes (TB) of manufacturing and production data, equivalent to storing approximately 197,000 high-definition movies (assuming each movie is 4GB). The company’s competitive edge also lies in its various core production technologies essential for smart factory configuration, with PRI filing over 1,000 patents related to smart factory solutions. LG aims to set its smart factory solutions apart by integrating its extensive manufacturing data and expertise with AI and DX, leveraging world-class production technologies. These smart factory solutions encompass production system design, monitoring and operation through Digital Twin technology; big data and generative AI-based management of quality, industrial safety and equipment; and the provision of various industrial robots.
      Production Efficiency Directly Linked to Business Profitability
      Smart factory solutions focus on minimizing even the briefest delays or minute errors between processes. Since efficiency in production is directly linked to the overall profitability of the business, enhancing it is crucial. For example, at LG’s refrigerator production line in Changwon, a refrigerator is produced every 13 seconds. A 10-minute delay in the production line would result in a production shortfall of 50 refrigerators. Assuming the price of one refrigerator is KRW 2 million, a 10-minute delay translates to a loss of KRW 100 million.
      This impact is even more significant for products with faster production speeds.* Therefore, solutions that minimize delays across processes – from the seamless supply of multiple components to assembly, packaging and inspection – are essential.
      Comprehensive Production Solutions Covering the Entire Journey
      LG approaches the smart factory business not just as unit solutions for specific areas but as comprehensive solutions covering the entire journey for clients, from factory planning to design, construction and operation. Considering the client’s environment and industry characteristics, the company diagnoses existing factories and identifies areas for improvement, establishing a step-by-step roadmap from automation, informationization and intelligence perspectives to maximize investment effectiveness.
      Digital Twin Solution for All Value Chain
      The production system design and operation solutions leverage real-time simulations using Digital Twin technology. Before the factory is built, a virtual replica identical to the real factory is created, allowing clients to preview the production and logistics flow. This enables optimal efficiency in factory design.
      During the operational phase, analyzing real-time data helps detect bottlenecks, defects and malfunctions in the production line in advance, thereby contributing to productivity improvement.
      Autonomous Mobile Robots and Collaborative Robots
      LG’s various industrial robot solutions for factory automation offer significant advantages. The Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) is equipped with cameras, radar and LiDAR sensors to recognize its surroundings and supply parts and materials. It navigates effectively, avoiding workers and obstacles through autonomous driving.
      The Mobile Manipulator (MM), which combines a multi-joint robotic arm with an AMR, can automate a range of tasks seamlessly. It is capable of diverse actions such as assembly, defect inspection and transporting parts and materials. Additionally, it can replace the batteries of nearby AMRs when they run low.
      Generative AI Solutions for Easy Anomaly Diagnosis
      Solutions that assist in managing yield rates and ensuring the smooth operation of equipment are also highly beneficial. Sensors installed throughout the factory detect abnormal signals such as vibrations and noise caused by equipment aging or lack of lubrication. Big data is then used to determine the causes and recommend corrective actions.
      Generative AI based on large language models allows for easy use through voice commands. For example, saying “abnormal vibration in equipment A at 2 p.m.” records the abnormal signal on the server. A command like “show recent abnormal vibrations and corrective actions” provides a list of defect types and previous corrective actions in order of likelihood.
      Additionally, LG has developed a real-time detection system powered by Vision AI. This system learns the factory’s normal operating conditions and detects anomalies such as temperature fluctuations and defects. It also enhances factory safety management by identifying workers who are not properly wearing safety helmets or work vests.
      Expediting the Development of a Future-Oriented Business Model by Harnessing Lighthouse Factory Expertise
      LG’s intelligent autonomous factories in Changwon, South Korea, and Tennessee, USA, have been recognized as Lighthouse Factories by the World Economic Forum. Following the implementation of smart factory solutions, productivity at the Changwon plant increased by 17 percent, energy efficiency improved by 30 percent, and quality costs due to defects were reduced by 70 percent. Within the LG Group, production facilities at over 60 locations in 40 regions worldwide are applying solutions from PRI.
      Leveraging this internally and externally validated smart factory expertise for business ventures holds significant meaning in terms of commercializing intangible assets. LG is driving a transformation of its business portfolio, which has traditionally focused on production of hardware, by integrating software and solutions into a future-oriented structure. This approach is expected to significantly contribute to the rapid growth of the company’s B2B sector, one of the three key growth drivers in LG’s 2030 Future Vision, especially as it targets numerous external corporate clients.
      “We will offer optimal smart factory solutions at every stage – from planning and design to construction and operation – becoming the ideal partner that supports our clients throughout their entire production journey,” said Jeong Dae-hwa, head of LG PRI.
      # # #
      * Unit for production speed is parts per million (PPM).

• Similar Tagged Content