Quantcast

File downloading

Raymond 0144

Question

1 answer to this question

@Raymond 0144 This is all to do with DRM (Digital Rigths Management) and copyright. Any company allowing that to happen will get sued pretty quickly.

What you CAN do (If your TV model supports it), is to use Time Machine (Called Time Machine II - i.e. Mark 2 - on later models). If it DOES, then plug a spare HDD or SSD into the back USB 2.0 (or a USB 3.0 spec slot if it has one), and it should trigger the preparation (setup) of it, to format it to the TV requirements. That should then allow the Time Machine APP to enable shceduled recordings, that you CAN watvch later of course,  but you will NOT be able to play them elsewhere, as it is in a proprietary format that only the TV will understand (DRM and Copyright again).

NOTE: you do NOT need to keep the TV on, ONLY ON STANDBY as it will wake up the TV tuner and the external disk when it needs to, 1 minute before the scheduled time (but the TV sreen will not be on).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MinoDc
      Hi to all.
      I recently purchased a lg tv with web os. On the old TV was using an external media player (wd live tv). Now I wanted to directly connect the USB disk to the TV.
      Unfortunately, I can not do it, because, to my regret, the web os does not have a file manager So I can not copy, move, or do anything on the external drive, no do not connect it to the PC first.
      I ask is you are putting a file manager, so you can manage files between USB devices connected.
      In addition to, if possible, add an icon to each file (movie) already seen.
      What do you think
    • By Jonatan de la Torre Gómez
      Hi,
      maybe this is an off topic but I guess it would be very useful to have a software capable to manage GlobalClone00001.TLL file with is created when you save your programmes to an USB stick inside the tune menu.
      It could make all the operations needed such as add (manually)/delete, add to favorites, sort by channel/frequency/name/etc..., multiple select and move (with a mouse click), rename (customize names), delete or move (show and hide) radio channels.
      All these operations would be much easier with a graphic computer software.

This is  a block of GlobalClone00001.TLL file with all the info that could be customized:
      <ITEM> <prNum>2</prNum> <minorNum>0</minorNum> <original_network_id>8916</original_network_id> <transport_id>40000</transport_id> <network_id>12549</network_id> <service_id>40003</service_id> <physicalNum>21</physicalNum> <sourceIndex>1</sourceIndex> <serviceType>31</serviceType> <special_data>2198019169</special_data> <frequency>474000</frequency> <nitVersion>2</nitVersion> <mapType>1</mapType> <mapAttr>0</mapAttr> <isInvisable>0</isInvisable> <isBlocked>0</isBlocked> <isSkipped>0</isSkipped> <isNumUnSel>0</isNumUnSel> <isDeleted>0</isDeleted> <chNameByte>0</chNameByte> <isDisabled>0</isDisabled> <hexVchName>4c61203120554844</hexVchName> <notConvertedLengthOfVchName>8</notConvertedLengthOfVchName> <vchName>La 1 UHD</vchName> <lengthOfVchName>8</lengthOfVchName> <hSettingIDHandle>0</hSettingIDHandle> <usSatelliteHandle>0</usSatelliteHandle> <isUserSelCHNo>0</isUserSelCHNo> <logoIndex>36</logoIndex> <videoStreamType>0</videoStreamType> </ITEM>  
    • By Lorenz
      Our LG TV does not show files properly when a new file is added in a directory.
      We have a Synology diskstation ethernet drive with DLNA and if we download a new file (in the dedicated download folder) or we copy a file from a PC to a folder, the file is not seen in the LG TV.
      Sometimes it's there in few minutes, sometimes it's not visible for days! turn on&off is not working.
      If we want to watch a video we need to load it on a USB stick, which is definitely not nice in 2019.
      Looking at synology forums the DLNA file list should be automatically updated when a new file is added, is there any way to force refresh from LG app?

Thanks
    • By odesanmi kolade
      I have been trying to downloading Aptoide TV on my LG smart Tv but keep showing File downloading not supported.. My goal is how I can get zoom conference app running on my Smart Tv. Please help!!! 
    • By Darshan Giri
      I was unable to install the remote control app(on TV) after bundling with Sandstorm webdriver code. Getting below error. ares-install ERR! [com.webos.appInstallService failure]: luna-send command failed <update manifest file failed>