Quantcast

Apps won't update

Tobin

Question

Hello I have a 2020 LG oled 65 inch tv and I am connected to internet via wifi. I checked connections and they are all good and working. I have standard apps that came with TV installed Netflix, Disney plus ect. And now TV is saying they both need to be updated to have access to those apps. Everytime I go to update and click on update it says the app is not installed so it won't update when I look to make sure app is installed it shows they are.

I am confused on what's going on and how to update these apps and get access to them again. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated thx

Tobin 

4 answers to this question

I had a similar problem that my LG store was empty. There were no apps any more. It has been working for years but not any more.

Other apps still worked fine, could use Netflix and YouTube. Could use the web browser without problems. 

The LG TV was using a wired connection and I could see it in the network.

After a long search on the internet I decided to change the Network setting. Instead of DHCP (automatic) I gave it a fixed IP address and used 8.8.8.8 as DNS server and.....the store started to work again.

Very strange but maybe this story could help you update your apps.

Good luck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Changed my tv and internet provider. No apps were working and it wouldn’t  let me install or reinstall any of my apps. Went to settings to update all apps. Tried everything but it just said, ‘unable to install, try again.’ Decided to try one more thing…I switched off my tv and broadband at the plugs. Then I soft reset my tv by holding the on/off button on tv for 20 seconds. I then plugged everything in again and reconnected to Wi-Fi. A few minutes later everything was working again.

Don’t know if ‘updating all apps’ had just taken a while or whether it was my final attempt  of soft reset…I just know my apps are all working again.