Quantcast

Disable fireworks screensaver kicking in while watching movie through webbrowser app LG

Marco V

Question

Hi,

so i was watching a movie through the webbrowser app of the LGCX65

Every 20 min the screensaver kicks in while there is no reason to as the movie keeps playing

in the background you can even still hear the movie playing

how can i disable this screensaver its very anoying

thanks

Marco

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

@Marco V Some owners have found that if you have a PVR/set-top-box atached to your TV, and they are both using WiFi, and are both active, then the TV can detect a TV programme, BUT without those, viewing via the in-built web-browser only provides a data stream. It seems that the rather "clunky" and feature-sparse WebOS is not smart enough to actually check screen changes for the screen itself, and "assumes" that the image is static .

Other users have found this works:

1. Set Quick Start+ to “Off”

2. Turn your TV off, wait 5 minutes, turn back on

Hi, thanks for answer.

but turning tv off didnt help, i tried.

i dont use the webbrowser functionality often,

most i stream through xbox to tv and then its not a problem

but it’s very weird that the tv has a built in screensaver which cant be turned off by user.

and which cant recognise that the screen is actually changing constantly so no risk of burn in

please lg give update to be able to disable this

when i go away from tv i turn it off anyway(standby)

@Marco V Did you manage to find the "QuickStart+" under the TV settings and turn it off?

By the way: Many owners posting on here seem to think they are posting to an LG owned facility or site forum.  Please be aware that this Forum is ONLY an LG TV Owners and enthusiasts peer-to-peer help forum to exchange ideas and experiences, and advice and possible workarounds by other like-minded enthusiasts. This forum has NO business link or influence over LG, or their product capabilities (or lack of), and does NOT provide any lobbying capability to get things fixed.

Your best action for you (and any other posters on this thread) is to contact LG Support DIRECTLY in your country of use, and register your complaint there, so that they can more accurately gauge the affect of the lack of functionality.

Web Browser updated automatically and started getting the Fireworks screensaver after 20 min of video streaming.

LG Oled65CX PUA, Firmware 03.23.06

webOS version: 5.2.3.29006

tried it all mentioned above with no results. Called tech support and got asked to disable power saving mode and quick start. Still same problem. 

As a final resort… I reset the TV to factory default. Lost all my settings but now no longer get the screensaver after 20 min.

I found something that helps, reset TV to factory settings, before that write down your region and backup programs to usb, then after restoring, set region and restore programs, new browser is gone, but every time you run browser it  asks for update and you have to press launch. I found it in a thread and also users suggested to watch movies for free in watchsomuch.tv which was a great site and is fully compatible with WebOS browser. If pay you can watch outstanding 4K qualities on LG OLED

5 hours ago, A.R Rinan said:

I found something that helps, reset TV to factory settings, before that write down your region and backup programs to usb, then after restoring, set region and restore programs, new browser is gone, but every time you run browser it  asks for update and you have to press launch. I found it in a thread and also users suggested to watch movies for free in watchsomuch.tv which was a great site and is fully compatible with WebOS browser. If pay you can watch outstanding 4K qualities on LG OLED

I never accepted the LG_App_Store User Agreement when first opened after factory reset. It does not allow me to go further and be able to search/instal other apps, but my browser newer updated again- which I believe might have been the issue in the first place.

Now, I can continue to use the pause and play buttons on the remote for web streaming (previously disabled by the update) and no longer get the fireworks screen after 20 min.

Terrible sacrifice! Anyway got all my apps on either Apple TV, Google Chromestick or Amazon FireStick.

On 3/28/2021 at 6:30 AM, Marco V said:

Hi,

so i was watching a movie through the webbrowser app of the LGCX65

Every 20 min the screensaver kicks in while there is no reason to as the movie keeps playing

in the background you can even still hear the movie playing

how can i disable this screensaver its very anoying

thanks

Marco

Hi Marco, were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem..and so frustrating. Can you share your solution?

David

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Cihanimus
      I used to have a JBL soundbar, connected via ARC. Now I switched to Denon soundbar again with ARC connection. But my tv doesn't turn off now, although all other functions are working fine on the remote. Any idea?
    • By News Reporter
      LG 1 Extends its Reach to Wider Audience With
      Premium Free Content and Launch of Rerun Channel in Europe

SEOUL, Aug. 14, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to expand availability of LG 1, the company’s free ad-supported owned and operated channel, to reach a broader audience across Europe. Following a successful launch in the UK and Germany in May, LG 1 will be available later this year in France, Spain and Italy via LG Channels, the company’s exclusive free streaming service. Thanks to notable content partnerships including Lionsgate, Filmrise, NBCUniversal and Fremantle, LG has curated owned-and-operated channels to deliver a wide range of popular and premium content, demonstrating the company’s commitment to elevating the viewing experience for users in European markets.
      Since its launch in the UK and Germany, LG 1 has rapidly climbed the LG Channels rankings to claim one of the top spots in viewing hours. The channel leads the way with titles such as the exclusive first-window premieres of Paul T. Goldman and Wong & Winchester as well as hit shows Nashville, Boss, Graves, The Royals, Houdini, The Girlfriend Experience, Sliders, Quantum Leap, Twelve Monkeys, New York Undercover, Mutant X, Relic Hunter, Andromeda and Anna Pihl.*
      Following the success of the recent launch, LG is ensuring that LG viewers don’t miss a thing with the launch of the LG 1 time shifted channel, now live in the UK and Germany, enabling viewers to watch the channel one hour after the original broadcast.
      LG is also building on the momentum of LG 1 in the UK and Germany by extending the flagship owned-and-operated channel to other regions in Europe, including France, Spain and Italy. The channel will greatly enhance the quality of viewing in these regions with a broader selection of premium content.
      What’s more, LG Channels has introduced a dedicated Kids & Family tab in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain, allowing families to easily explore channels specifically tailored to children, including Beano TV, Narrative and Wildbrain.*
      In addition to expanded content in Europe, LG recently launched a curated premium owned-and-operated channel in the US called LG Channels Showcase, which is powered by partnerships with a wide range of film studios such as Amazon MGM Studios, Lionsgate and Sony Pictures Entertainment.
      LG Channels Showcase also boasts original content such as award-winning series LG Presents: The Rivalries, The Taste of Tennessee and the recently announced Estate of Survival, the company’s first reality competition series, which will be available on LG Channels in more than nine countries, including the U.S., Canada, Australia, Korea and markets in Latin America.
      The series now also streams on LG Channels Showcase, with two episodes to be released back-to-back weekly.
      LG is dedicated to elevating the viewing experience for users around the world, expanding investment in partnerships and UI enhancements to deliver a more intuitive and personalized experience that aligns with viewers’ interests.
      # # #
      * Titles vary by market. 

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      Imagine a world where every moment is savored and each experience deeply cherished. This life of fulfillment is no longer a distant dream but a reality, thanks to LG’s bold optimism and relentless drive to innovate. The company’s goal is to shape a future where it’s easy to appreciate the smaller things in life and where Life’s Good for everyone, no matter where they live.

In line with this dedication to creating a happier, more connected future for all, LG Saudi Arabia organized its first-ever K-POP World Festival on August 3 at JAX District’s Cultural and Art zone in Riyadh. To foster cultural unity and mutual respect, LG invited the nation’s biggest K-pop enthusiasts to promote a special and vibrant cultural exchange between Saudi Arabia and South Korea.
      The warehouse was packed with excited fans, who created an incredibly energetic atmosphere as each act performed. The local fan base’s devotion to the world’s fastest-growing music genre was demonstrated by the hundreds of people outside who couldn’t get inside, decked out in traditional clothes like hijabs and abayas while singing and dancing to their favorite Korean songs. The festival was a perfect picture of how K-pop has found a special place in Saudi hearts, harmonizing with the local culture.

With 30 teams from across Saudi Arabia competing in the preliminaries, the best 10 progressed to the final. After a fiercely contested final showdown, the coveted title was awarded to the Saudi female trio dance group, Everlast, who captivated the audience with a dynamic performance and their undeniable talent. This victory qualifies Everlast for the K-pop festival finals which will be held in Changwon, South Korea, in October.

The winners each received a premium LG product, such as an XBOOM speaker, CineBeam Q projector, LG InstaView Refrigerator or LG OLED Posé TV. These high-end prizes, which reflect LG’s dedication to recognizing top talent and promoting technological innovation, were also showcased during the festival to let attendees interact with and experience the company’s latest offerings in person.

Under the partnership of the Korean Embassy in Saudi Arabia, the Ministry of Culture of Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Entertainment Academy (SEA) and LG, this vibrant celebration of two unique cultures underscored the strengthening cultural and diplomatic relations between the two nations.
      For further updates on the company’s ongoing endeavors to foster distinctive cultural exchanges and support innovation across the world, stay tuned to
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #

• By Eliasking
      Hello

on hdmi port 1 2 3 
      when i watch a grey screen through youtube and through the apple tv or ps5 i get this weird discolor bottom half 
      only happens when hdr is on and vivid mode on lg c3

on hdmi port 4
      this issue doesnt happen

on native youtube its fine no issue 

link hidden, please login to view

• By StanJ
      I've seen an older thread on this topic but it doesn't look like anyone found a solution to disabling the screen saver, so I'll try a new one.
      On virtually all my LG TV's (I have three OLED's and two LCD), the screen saver interferes with my music app (like Plex, Spotify or Amazon Music). I mainly use Plex for playback of my music which is stored on a central server (NAS) and from the app loaded on a Fire TV stick or cube. After about 20-30 minutes, the album art and other related music information (lyrics, song title, duration, etc) all goes black. If I run Plex (or Spotify) directly on the LG TV via the LG Content store app, the screen saver with fireworks always comes on in about 2 minutes. 
      I've tried all the different methods to disable the screen saver function including turning off the Timers, Auto Power Off,  HDD Storage, etc. I also tried opening the hidden menus by pressing the mute button 5 times but that menu didn't have anything relevant. 
      Interesting is that the screen saver doesn't come on when using Spotify on a Fire TV stick or if I playback music through a USB device. But i don't use those methods often, mainly Plex to access my music server where I have about 500 CD's stored in ALAC format.
      Has anyone found a way to disable the screen saver function? I know the logic for having it (to prevent OLED burn in) but I'm not leaving the same image on for more than the song duration (about 3-5 minutes).  It's annoying to check the screen for the a music title or see who is on only to find a black screen looking back. Thanks for any help.