Quantcast

LG Nano TV & Humax Freeview recorder issues....

Stephen Davies

Question

I have a 2020/21  LG Nano49 and a Humax 4000T Freeview box. My aerial lead goes into the Humax and then connects to the TV's aerial socket via the RF out on the Humax. All has been fine since buying the TV last December, until Saturday.....

Suddenly the HD picture pixellated badly and then the 'no signal' screen came up. Trying to figure out what was happening, I found that I was only able to tune & access just a third of what I'd been able to before (and NO HD ones!) and the only way that I could both tune and access all through the TV, was to have the Humax box switched on. It didn't have to be selected in the inputs, just switched on. If I tried switching the box off, the HD channel being viewed, would disappear within a minute or so and the 'poor or no signal' screen would take its place, although I was still able to access some none HD channels.

Isolating both the Humax box and the TV didn't produce any answers : the Humax tuned and displayed ALL the channels when its input was selected and when the aerial lead was removed from the box and plugged directly into the TV, no problem at all....ever channel able to be tuned and displayed.

Even tried another identical Humax 4000T and had the same results.

In conclusion, the TV tuner appears to work as it should when the aerial is connected directly to it and separately, the Humax box doesn't seem to have any issues when it's input is selected, but now, if I want to continue with having my Freeview recorder and TV connected, the ONLY way that I can have ALL the channels viewed through the the TV's input is to have the Humax box switched on all the time.

Hope someone can throw some light on this issue, as I'm stuck......?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Wingwalker
      LG Television.   Device ID: LG24-K8LPN2   Rowridge transmitter -  BH22 (Dorset)     I purchased a new LG television last week from Curry's but am having a repeated issue on the Freeview channels. The issue is that despite several attempts at clearing the memory and doing an automatic retune on digital channels - after an overnight switch off, they have all gone again by morning.    I can view everything as normal during the daytime - including if the television has been turned off for a number of hours. The issue arises when I turn on the TV the following day after it has been turned off overnight. I am continuously left with just five channels starting at number 301 as per the image below.     I have a set top box from BT and have tried retuning the TV both with the box connected, and without. The results are the same each time, no matter what I try. Daytime all is well, but after an overnight period I am left with the screen above.     As you can see from the image below, everything is as it should be after yet another retuning session this morning. Please can you help?      
    • By Wingwalker
      LG Television.   Device ID: LG24-K8LPN2   Rowridge transmitter -  BH22 (Dorset)     I purchased a new 50" LG television a couple of weeks ago from Curry's but am having a repeated issue on the Freeview channels. The issue is that despite several attempts at clearing the memory and doing an automatic retune on digital channels - after an overnight switch off, they have all gone again by morning.    I can view everything as normal during the daytime - including if the television has been turned off for a number of hours. The issue arises when I turn on the TV the following day after it has been turned off overnight. I am continuously left with just five channels starting at number 301 as per the image below.     I have a set top box from BT and have tried retuning the TV both with the box connected, and without. The results are the same each time, no matter what I try. Daytime all is well, but after an overnight period I am left with the screen above.     As you can see from the image below, everything is as it should be after yet another retuning session this morning.        My previous TV was a JVC Fire and used to stop receiving the Freeview signal just after 1am each morning. I did a bit of googling and found out it was an energy saving thing to ensure the TV isn't left on all night if you fall asleep in front of it. With the Fire TV was there was a way to override this in the settings, although I never did anything about it as 99% of the time I was already in bed and therefore not a problem. I'm wondering therefore if this issue on my LG unit is in some kind of similar vein and just needs something to tell it to stop doing this reset???    Can anyone help me please as I'm getting sick of doing an auto tune every morning.    Many thanks in advance.   David. 
      By Guest
      I recently bought a new router (Unify Dream Router) and after a couple of weeks of struggle, I managed to set it up with my ISP's VDSL connection (FFTC) using a third party modem in bridge mode (NETGEAR D6400).
      Everything seemed to be working fine until I realised I couldn't open the Netflix app on my LG Smart TV. After a bit of investigation, I realised nothing except for YouTube and the Browser was working. Just to make this clear: the WiFi connects fine, I can access all websites through the LG Browser, and I have no issues with YouTube, but nothing else works.
      All the regular streaming apps fail to open and, most importantly, the LG Content Store fails to load. Before I fixed my network, the tv was working fine. If I switch to my phone's hotspot, everything works fine.
      Things that I've tried:
      factory resetting the tv leaving the tv unplugged to delete cache using google's DNS on the TV using a wired connection  Having said so, I am so lost that I would be happy to try anything again.
    • By Speedemon
      I have a UK6300 LG TV. It has always worked faultlessly. However it now will not show the pointer unless I restart it and then it only there of only for 20 seconds and then it is gone. The LAN cable notification constantly disconnects and reconnects. The Web Browser no longer opens on my selected page. The Software version is the latest and when I tried to manually update the software in case the auto update got corrupted it will not recognize the USB drive as having the software on it. The software browser version is 05.50.15.
      Any ideas what to do. I have two other LG TV's and all work perfectly.
    • By Sandtonman
      I have an LG 55NANO86VNA TV. It has always displayed Netflix and other content in DV with no issues.
      Since the recent TV firmware update to 4.50.51, although Netflix shows DV content available, the TV no longer displays the DV logo top-right when any DV content is started.
      Nano TV also does not play test DV content on a USB memory stick in DV. This used to play as DV, and still plays fine with DV logo top-right on my older LG TV.
      Dolby Vision is 22.11.
      Anyone else seen this issue. Any suggestions please.