Quantcast

Most Common LG TV Problems and Issues

Please post the issues you are mostly having with LG webos TVs. What issues happens the most for you?

Examples: 

• TV not connecting to Wi-Fi 
  • LG TV Screen Problems
  • LG TV Not Responding To Remote
  • LG TV No Sound. 
  • Inconsistent colors 
  • HDMI Not Working 
  • Horizontal or vertical bars appearing on the screen 
  • Sound with no picture
  • False countering or posterization 
  • Not showing up on airplay

Here are some of the most replied to topics on this site:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      At Frieze London 2024, LG OLED and Akomfrah Bring Art and Technology
      Together to Inspire Audiences With a Thought-Provoking Film Installation

SEOUL, Oct. 11, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) has once again partnered with the widely respected artist and filmmaker, Sir John Akomfrah, for Frieze London 2024. This collaboration follows LG’s recent support of Akomfrah’s British Pavilion at the 60th International Art Exhibition at La Biennale di Venezia 2024. At Frieze London 2024, LG OLED has invited Akomfrah – an artist and filmmaker known for investigating themes such as memory, post-colonialism, temporality and aesthetics – to present a new video installation at the fair.
      Becoming Wind (2023) is a five-channel video installation that focuses on the intersection of social and environmental issues, looking specifically at the experience of non-binary and trans actors and activists in the context of the climate crisis. A profound meditation on identity formation is framed by an allegorical representation of the Garden of Eden and its disappearance; a montage of footage evoking the abundant richness of past biodiversity is interrupted by glimpses of blazing wildfires, scenes of racial discrimination and a fragmented text, underscoring responsibilities to confront multiple and intersecting crises.
      Powered by the compelling fusion of art and technology, multiple ultra-large LG OLED displays bring Akomfrah’s artistic narratives to life with stunning picture quality on an incredible scale. Notably, LG OLED’s self-lit nature reveals the full, vivid expression of the colors, enriching the depth and realism of the artwork’s multi-sensory elements for a truly immersive experience.
      LG’s commitment to making LG OLED a more sustainable choice closely aligns with Akomfrah’s drive to address climate change, human communities and the plight of migrant diasporas globally. LG OLED TVs incorporate fewer components than LCD TVs due to the absence of a backlight, which results in the 65-inch OLED TV using 60 percent less plastic compared to an LCD TV of the same size. Weighing in at about 20 percent less than an LCD TV of the same screen size, OLED screens also contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions during transit. In addition, recycled plastic accounts for approximately 20 percent of the plastic used in the manufacturing of all LG TVs, including OLED models. These efforts have culminated in LG OLED TVs receiving environmental product certifications from the UK’s Carbon Trust and Switzerland’s SGS for four consecutive years, underscoring the company’s commitment to sustainability.*
      “I’m truly delighted to be able to bring my artistic vision to life with LG OLED,” said Akomfrah. “Becoming Wind aims to draw viewers into a deep state of contemplation about the intrinsic relationship between nature, humanity and technology through the interplay between sound and visuals. LG OLED’s advanced audiovisual capabilities and technological advancements enhance the sensory elements of the art, seamlessly integrating image, sound and emotion to take audiences on a visually compelling and intellectually stimulating journey.”
      “We are pleased to continue our collaboration with renowned artist Sir John Akomfrah to highlight how LG OLED captivates audiences by enhancing the depth of his thought-provoking artwork,” said Kate Oh, vice president of the Brand Communication Division at LG Home Entertainment Company. “LG OLED remains committed to supporting both artists and audiences who embrace our passion for innovation and positive change. We will continue to empower artists who seek to inspire the world through the intersection of art and technology.
      Visitors to Frieze London 2024 can experience Akomfrah’s artwork Becoming Wind from October 9 to 13 at The Regent’s Park. Visit the
      link hidden, please login to view to step into a world of artistic brilliance and explore captivating collaborations with LG OLED ART. # # #
      * Carbon Trust: Carbon Footprint Reducing certifications (2024 LG OLED evo G4 77”/65”/55”)
      Carbon Footprint Measured certifications (2024 LG OLED evo G4 97”/83”, C4)
      SGS: Environmentally Evaluated certifications (2024 LG OLED evo G4/C4/B4)

By Guest
      I recently bought a new router (Unify Dream Router) and after a couple of weeks of struggle, I managed to set it up with my ISP's VDSL connection (FFTC) using a third party modem in bridge mode (NETGEAR D6400).
      Everything seemed to be working fine until I realised I couldn't open the Netflix app on my LG Smart TV. After a bit of investigation, I realised nothing except for YouTube and the Browser was working. Just to make this clear: the WiFi connects fine, I can access all websites through the LG Browser, and I have no issues with YouTube, but nothing else works.
      All the regular streaming apps fail to open and, most importantly, the LG Content Store fails to load. Before I fixed my network, the tv was working fine. If I switch to my phone's hotspot, everything works fine.
      Things that I've tried:
      factory resetting the tv leaving the tv unplugged to delete cache using google's DNS on the TV using a wired connection  Having said so, I am so lost that I would be happy to try anything again.
    • By News Reporter
      A Trusted Supplier of Vehicle Solutions, Company Earns
      Security Certification for Its Transceiver Module for Volkswagen

SEOUL, Aug. 26, 2024 — LG Electronics’ (LG) Vehicle to Everything (V2X) solution for Volkswagen has received the world’s first Common Criteria (CC) certification for security stability in the V2X device category. The certification reinforces LG’s leading position in the global automotive components market and highlights its advanced capabilities in vehicle cybersecurity, an area that continues to grow in importance in the connected car era.
      The recipient of the new CC certification, LG’s VW Transceiver Module, is a telematics component designed exclusively for Volkswagen’s internal combustion engine-specific MQB platform. An internationally recognized standard for IT product security, CC certification indicates that a device provides comprehensive protection against unauthorized access or interference. The module has also met the stringent security standards set by Spain’s National Cryptologic Centre (CCN), earning an Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2+ rating.
      V2X technology allows vehicles to communicate with systems, devices and technologies in the surrounding area, including other vehicles (V2V), traffic infrastructure (V2I) and, via smartphones, pedestrians (V2P). Without robust security, V2X devices and networks could be compromised by hackers, potentially leading to traffic congestion, accidents or data breaches. LG is proactive in addressing V2X security threats, ensuring that its advanced telematics components comply with Europe’s increasingly strict security regulations, thereby providing peace of mind to drivers and passengers.
      LG is committed to meeting the highest standards for vehicle security, and will continue to provide competitive auto solutions that prioritize safety and reliability. After earning CC certification for its transceiver module for Volkswagen’s MQB platform, LG plans to achieve the same for its V2X solution intended for Volkswagen’s MEB electric vehicle platform within the year.
      In addition to obtaining security certifications for its V2X solutions, LG is enhancing security across all areas of its automotive electronics business. In 2022, LG Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company received the Trusted Information Security Assessment Exchange (TISAX) certification and, last February, gained Cyber Security Management System (CSMS) certification from TÜV Rheinland.
      “By earning CC certification for the security of our V2X solution for Volkswagen, we have effectively demonstrated our superior component technology and security capabilities, both of which are key elements for success in the future mobility sector,” said Eun Seok-hyun, president of LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “LG will continue to solidify its position in the global automotive parts market, delivering innovative, secure solutions that ensure safer roads for all.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Speedemon
      I have a UK6300 LG TV. It has always worked faultlessly. However it now will not show the pointer unless I restart it and then it only there of only for 20 seconds and then it is gone. The LAN cable notification constantly disconnects and reconnects. The Web Browser no longer opens on my selected page. The Software version is the latest and when I tried to manually update the software in case the auto update got corrupted it will not recognize the USB drive as having the software on it. The software browser version is 05.50.15.
      Any ideas what to do. I have two other LG TV's and all work perfectly.
    • By Nick Payne
      Since the last webos update to 3.40.87, I find I have to completely power cycle the TV (a G1 65" OLED) every week or so to get the DLNA client back to functioning properly. I have a media server running Serviio on a Raspberry Pi, and I periodically get one of the following two problems, both of which are fixed by completely power-cycling the TV.
      When I'm using the DLNA client to select videos from the server, I get no response from trying to select a video or series using the remote. The remote continues to work fine when used with other apps (eg Netflix, Stan etc) on the TV. When the DLNA client is playing a video from the server, the audio is delayed by a couple of seconds from the video. At the time that the TV is showing either of these problems, I can access the media server using either BubbleUPnP on my phone or VLC on my PC, and neither of them have any problem either selecting videos or playing them back with the audio synced with the video, so the problem is clearly with the TV, and power-cycling the TV gets rid of whichever problem is manifesting itself.
  • Similar Tagged Content